WHY IS IT BETTER
BPeptide’s naturally-derived ingredients are rated as generally regarded as safe (GRAS)
in the United States and food for specified health uses (FOSHU) in Japan.
It is very well tolerated with little to no adverse effects. Further, numerous clinical studies have been conducted
to show its efficacy in lowering blood pressure levels.
- Nakamura Y, Yamamoto N, Sakai K, and Takano T. Antihypertensive effect of sour milk and peptides isolated from it that are inhibitors to angiotensin I-converting enzyme. J. Dairy Sci. 1995;78:1253–1257.
- Lehtinen et al. Effects of milk casein-derived tripeptides Ile-Pro-Pro, Val-Pro-Pro, and Leu-Pro-Pro on enzymes processing vasoactive precursors in vitro. Arzneim. Forsch/Drug Res. 2010;in press.
- FitzGerald RJ, Murray BA. Bioactive peptides and lactic fermentations. Int. J. Dairy Technol. 2006; 59:118–125.
- Jäkälä et al. Cardiovascular activity of milk casein-derived tripeptides and plant sterols in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Physiol. Pharmacol. 2009;60:11–20.
- Jäkälä et al. Casein-derived bioactive tripeptides Ile-Pro-Pro and Val-Pro-Pro attenuate the development of hypertension and improve endothelial function in salt-loaded Goto-Kakizaki rats. J. Functional Foods.2009;1:366–374.
- Calpis Internal Studies
- Xu JY, Qin LQ, Wang PY, Li W, and Chang C. Effect of milk tripeptides on blood pressure: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Nutrition.2008;24:933–940.
- Pripp AH. Effect of peptides derived from food proteins on blood pressure: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Food Nutr. Res. 2008,52, doi: 10.3402/fnr.v52i0.1641.
- Cicero, AFG, Gerocami B, Laghi L, and Borghi C. Blood pressure lowering effect of lactotripeptides assumed as functional foods: a meta-analysis of current available clinical trials. Journal of Human Hypertension. 2010:1-12.
- Aihara K, Kajimoto O, Hirata H, Takahashi R, and Nakamura Y. Effect of Powdered Fermented Milk with Lactobacillus helveticus on Subjects with High-Normal Blood Pressure or Mild Hypertension. Journal of the American College of Nutrition. 2005;24(4):257–265.
- Germino FW, Neutel J, and Nonaka M. The Impact of Lactotripeptides on Blood Pressure Response in Stage 1 and Stage 2 Hypertensives. J Clin Hypertens. 2009; doi: 10.1111/j.1751-7176.2009.00250.x